Transitional Kindergarten Program
State legislation requires SMUSD to provide Transitional Kindergarten only to students who turn 5 years old between September 2 to December 2. Transitional Kindergarten is a program designed to give students time to acquire the necessary skills for kindergarten. The curriculum will address the new Common Core State Standards. Following a year in Transitional Kindergarten your child MUST enroll in a regular Kindergarten. Families should register at their home school. You can obtain information from your school's office.
- Standards-based program
- Birthday eligibility dates: September 2, 2012 – December 2, 2012
- Transitional Kindergarten is a two year program for students meeting the age requirement
- Register at your home school began on February 2, 2017
- Find your home school by searching your street address here.
- We will determine site locations by enrollment and space availability.
- AM /PM class decided by Principal
- 3.5 hour per day program/ full day program at Alvin Dunn
- Regular K-5 school calendar and bell schedule
Requirements to register:
More InformationClick on the arrow in the upper right of the English or Spanish TK parent information letter to print.
- Birth Certificate
- Physical Examination
- Oral Health Assessment
- Proof of Residency
- Pick up a registration packet at your home school