Flyer Approval and Distribution Process
Our district cooperates with approved community partners by posting eflyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
SMUSD Flyer Distribution GuidelinesAny outside organization requesting flyer distribution at school sites must meet the following criteria prior to distributing flyers at schools:
NOTE: Flyer approval does not constitute endorsement. Approval simply means the material has been reviewed and meets the guidelines for districtwide electronic distribution. San Marcos Unified School District reserves the right to rescind approval to any organization or person if a complaint is received or the organization or person is found to be in violation of instructions from this office.
- Approval must be obtained from the Assistant Superintendent or designee via Peachjar
- All flyers must be in English and Spanish
- Activities must be educationally sound or of direct benefit to students
- Any group making such a request must be a non-profit 501c(3) organization supporting youth through recreation, or be sponsored by a non-profit 501c(3) organization. (Proof of non-profit 501c(3) status must be provided.) The activity promoted must be reasonably available to all students. The District may approve the distribution of printed materials prepared by governmental agencies, service organizations or school-related organizations which extend the community's cultural, recreational, artistic or educational opportunities and which do not promote any particular commercial, religious or political interest.
- Flyers advertising fundraising by outside agencies will not be distributed
- “For-profit” organizations supporting an event may be credited on the flyer if the event is sponsored by a non-profit organization
- Schools shall not distribute partisan materials pertaining to a candidate, party, or statewide ballot measure. Materials may be distributed, however, to announce public forums in which all candidates or sides of an issue are invited to participate. No campaign materials may be distributed on district property at any time other than during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act
Information for Outside OrganizationsPeachjar manages eflyer distribution on behalf of our schools using the latest electronic communication technology. Once your flyer is posted to a school's Peachjar site, parents can view your flyer through the logo on the school website. Additionally, your flyer will be delivered to all parents' emails as an embedded image, not a link. This means parents will immediately see your flyer and be able to click through to your website to sign-up.Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver flyers to each school. To post a flyer, register at www.peachjar.com, and select your desired school(s). Your flyer is then automatically submitted to the district for approval. Once approved, your flyer will be delivered to all parents and posted online.For more information, visit Peachjar: www.peachjar.comOne day each week has been set aside for electronic distribution of all flyers. Materials for approval must be submitted to Peachjar at http://www.peachjar.com prior to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday. All approved flyer swill be posted on Thursday evenings to school websites under the logo in addition to being sent out to parents' emails.