Double Peak Special Education
Welcome to the DPS Special Education Department!
Our mission is to support and empower others by listening, collaborating, and leading Double Peak so that we are successfully including all students.
- Mrs. Stacy Wright - SAI (TK-2)
- Mrs. Gladys Gutierrez - SAI (3-4)
- Ms. Heide Brown - SAI (5)
- Mrs. Rikki Kuykendall - SAI (6-8)
- Mrs. Caitlin Livingston - Lower BASE (TK-2)
- Ms. Jamie Cain - Upper BASE (3-5)
- Mrs. Bonnie Denny - Speech Language Pathologist
- Mrs. Karen Mimaki - Speech Language Pathologist
- Ms. Alexis Alegre - School Psychologist
Specialized Academic Instruction (SAI)
Students who have been identified as having a disability which impacts learning and who require special education to make progress receive Specialized Academic Instruction (SAI). Working together, parents, teachers, and other appropriate personnel develop an Individualized Education Program (IEP) to target each child's identified needs.