SAFETY PATROLSelected 5th grade students, who show good leadership qualities, are selected to be members of the Safety Patrol.These students serve the school by assisting crossing guards guiding pedestrians safely across the streets.Our safety patrol is under the supervision of Mrs. Cali and Mrs. Manaktala.Duties and Responsibilities of SEES School Safety Patrol Officers
1. Assist others in crossing streets safely.
2. Become familiar with traffic safety and rules.
3. Obey all school rules. Set a good example for other children, displaying fairness and good sportsmanship at all times.
4. Take good care of all equipment issued during duty.
5. Arrange my time so that I can fulfill my duty when it is my turn. I need to be at my station at the shift start time. I understand that 3 unexcused tardies will constitute grounds for temporary/permanent dismissal.
6. Follow the instructions given to me by the Principal, Assistant Principal, or teachers on duty.
7. Obey at all time (without question) the commands or orders of a superior officer of the patrol (Roaming Sergeant).
8. Be courteous and pleasant at all times, so I will be a credit to my school, the city, and the Sheriff’s Department which I represent.
9. Learn what each officer on the Patrol is expected to do, so I can take over any other assignments, if necessary.
10. Let a Safety Patrol Coordinator or Sergeant know when I cannot fulfill my duty, so that a substitute may be secured to fill my position. I understand failure to do so will constitute grounds for temporary/permanent dismissal from Safety Patrol.