Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
AVID at a Glance
What AVID is...
- AVID is an acronym that stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination.
- AVID is an in-school academic support program for grades 5-12 that prepares students for college eligibility and success.
- AVID places academically average students in advanced classes.
- AVID levels the playing field for minority, rural, low-income and other students without a college-going tradition in their families.
- AVID is for all students, but it targets those in the academic middle.
- All secondary schools within the San Marcos Unified School District implement the AVID methodologies and offer AVID classes
- Contact your student’s school counselor for more detailed information or access this website: http://www.avid.org/abo_whatisavid.html
Last Modified on January 9, 2013