Enrollment (New Students Only)

Welcome to SMUSD!  

This process is for new students only. If your student currently attends a SMUSD school and is continuing with us for the next school year, please complete the residency verification process.  If you were enrolled in prior years in SMUSD and have a ParentVUE account, you may re-enroll using your account credentials.

Enrollment Steps

Step 1 - Ensure you have a valid email address
You will need a valid email address in order to create a ParentVUE account. If you do not have an email address, please create a free email account with your preferred service provider.

Step 2 - Gather all required documents

Proof of Address (click here to find your school of residence)
Please submit one document from each category below:

Category One (must be current and include address of residency and parent/guardian name):

  • Mortgage Statement or payment receipts
  • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts
  • Property tax payment receipt
  • Grant Deed
  • Escrow Papers

Category Two (must be current and include address of residency and parent/guardian name):

  • Utility service contract, statements, or payment receipts
  • Pay stubs
  • Voter registration
  • Correspondence from a government agency
  • Declaration of residency (Affidavit of Residence / Afidávit of Residencia) executed by the student’s parent/guardian

Student's Birth Verification

Proof of Age is required to verify your child’s age. Please provide one of the following (Ed Code 48002):

  • Certified copy of birth record
  • Statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the date of birth
  • Baptismal certificate
  • Passport
  • When none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian of the minor, or any other appropriate means of proving the child’s age.

Parent/guardian(s) name and contact information

Emergency contact names and phone number(s)

Health information including the name of your healthcare provider, dentist, health conditions and/or medication (if applicable)

  • Physical Health Examination (TK/Kinder ONLY)- Please download and have your medical provider complete the Physical Health Examination Form.
  • Dental Health Examination (TK/Kinder ONLY)- California law requires that a student must provide proof of having received an oral health assessment by May 31st in either TK/Kindergarten or 1st grade, whichever is your child’s first year in public school. Please download and have your dental provider complete the Dental Health Examination Form.

Proof of Immunizations
California schools are required to verify immunization records for all new student admissions, including students entering TK/Kindergarten. Visit the California Department of Public Health's website for immunization requirements for TK/K-12 admission / Guía de Requisitos de Vacunación para Grados K-12.

Previous school's address and phone number

Transcripts or last report card/withdrawal grades (if applicable)

Custodial documentation (if applicable)

Step 3 - Create a ParentVUE Account
Click here to create a ParentVUE account

Enrollment for the current school year is ongoing.

New Student Enrollment for 2024-2025 is now open!  Select the New Student Enrollment when you login to ParentVUE, then select the appropriate school year. 
New Student Enrollment

If your student currently attends a SMUSD school and is continuing with us for the next school year, please complete the residency verification process; do not enroll as a new student.


Current SMUSD parents may login using their existing ParentVUE credentials.

Forgot your user name or password? Click here and enter your email address to retrieve your username or reset your password.

Having trouble? Each school has a dedicated staff member available to assist parents with ParentVUE. Please contact your child's school if you need further assistance. For assistance during the summer while schools are closed, please contact the ParentVUE Help Desk at:  [email protected] 


If you do not have access to a scanner, there are free phone apps available that transform photos into PDF documents: 

Are you new to the area and not sure which school you should contact? Click here to find your neighborhood school.